Saturday 23 January 2010

Portimao day 1

Do you know what I don’t believe what’s happened today, you know this is my 3rd season now with the 1198 Ducati and to be honest I pretty much thought I knew all there is to know about them, boy was I wrong. As you’ll probably know I made my debut today for the Althea Ducati team, I was mega pumped about getting out on the new bikes, we had the chassis and suspension set exactly how I had my 09 bike set here for last October’s races so it was a case of get on, go and go fast right….wrong!!!

This new bike is totally different, sure chassis wise it feels familiar, it fits like an old slipper for me now but that was quite literally the only thing the same, electronics wise it feels so different, it’s like chalk and cheese compared to my 09 bike, you know as a rider you always sit and think do you know what if I had that bike they wouldn’t see me, if you dont believe in yourself then what’s the point, our new bikes I believe are pretty similar to what Xerox had last year, the bikes I was dreaming of riding but I can assure you it’s definitely not a case of simply get on and go, that said though I’m fairly certain that despite ended today P6 we’re literally only just scratching the surface of this new bike, I’m looking even more forward to riding tomorrow now than I was today, we have a host of things to try that should help both lap time and consistency, I’m pumped!!!! The security guard’s asking us to leave the pres centre now so I’ve got to crack on, a domain!!!!!!

Tense times, just about to head out for my first ride!!

Don't stall it now, ha ha ha!!!!


The first action shot i've seen!!

One of the team trucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment