Wednesday 13 January 2010

All a bit last minute...

What an absolute nightmare i had yesterday, i got a call from Midlife saying they needed my new Vito back in order to carry out some work that needs doing on it urgently but due to my schedule in the coming weeks the only day i could bring it back was yesterday, so after receiving his call around 3pm i got sorted, booked a ferry and a flight home and hit the road, that's where it all went downhill, driving up through France i got into some hardcore snow storms, in our car such things aren't a problem but in an unloaded Vito they become a bit of an issue, a few octopus handed attempts at keeping the thing in a straight line made me realise Vito's definitely don't do snow quite like a 4x4!!! All in all i saw a jack knifed lorry, and 3 cars crash, works wonder's for your concentration you know!!!! I finally arrived at Calais at 5-30am this morning only to be told i'd missed my slot, matey in the booth got a proper earful and eventually put me on another ferry.. at 6-45, the retard could've boarded me straight away but we spent too long discussing jack knifed lorries and snow drifts, i was fuming, i finally got to bed at 8-30am this morning and now i'm back up and on the new high speed train to London then onto Stanstead, it ain't easy!!! To top all that off it's my fiances birthday today and she's at home waiting for me to get back!!! It's all go here!!

2 comments:

  1. So still doing your bit for Anglo-French relations then :)

    Happy Birthday Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the glamour of being a WSBK rider.I don't know how you do it i'd be knackered all time, fly here, drive there. 10/10 for effort.

    ReplyDelete