Saturday 21 March 2015

Getting you up to speed..

Hey guys and girls, i thought that whilst i'm sat on a flight i'd spend 20 mins or so bringing you up to speed on everything going on. Now, as you know from my last Blog things pre season wise haven't exactly gone to plan, in fact that's a bit of a b****y understatement, typically though i'm super positive, it's these little set backs that show you just how bad you want something and i can assure you with NO understatement whatsoever that i want more BSB titles so getting fixed and ready for round 1 at Donington park has been TOP TOP priority!!
It's funny really because spending all my time over the last two weeks either in a hyperbaric chamber or having laser and magnetic field therapy gives you lots of time to think and gather yourself, my progress recovery wise is going well, last Monday i got told by my physio that whilst my right ankle was massive, swollen and just about every colour in a rainbow and i wasn't walking so good at all that trying to walk and pushing off the ankle whilst walking would only help disperse the swelling although it'd be bloody sore, well, i had a session with him Monday afternoon and was staying up in Ipswich that night for back to back sessions the following morning so what did i do, go straight to a sports shop in the town, by some gym kit and get straight in the gym, that hour of cardio, 20 mins on the cross trainer, 20 mins on a bike and 20 minutes walking (hobbling) on the running machine on random steep hills program had me gritting my teeth muttering all sorts of swear words because of how much it was hurting but at the same time had me absolutely over the moon and so so happy to be back training that it was almost in a funny old way a bit emotional, sounds daft doesn't it but it's the truth!!
The next morning at the physio's one of the lady physio's in there was like "so what did you get up to last night, anything good?" i said good, i'm so happy, i brought some gym kit and hit the gym because i was told i needed to start to try to walk without such a limp and pushing off my ankle to help with the swelling!! she looked at me and gave me a wry smile and kind of shook her head and wondered off while the laser was doing it's thing lol!!!!! Full gas, it's the only way ;-)
Basically to bring you up to today all i've been doing is hitting the gym and pushing harder and harder, from a pain point of view on the hills fast walking things are getting much better, running's out of the question right now but on the cross trainer for instance i'm getting right back up towards maximum heart rate again so everything's going in the right direction.
I took out the Z1000 i have at home the other day, the one thing i haven't yet mentioned is my hand, that is getting better although perhaps a bit more delicate at the minute than the ankle, riding that bike was mega, it felt great to be back on a bike, but strange too, if i made my outside of my hand grip the bars it was almost like my big and index fingers went straight and vice versa, i plan to do a fair bit more riding on the road before Thursday which is the day of the official BSB test at Donington then the plan is if the track's dry and warm we'll have a go at riding and if it's damp/cold or wet i'll just do all the media stuff there and spend the extra week to 10 days getting stronger and fitter.
I really hope Donington is dry and decent to be honest, my PBM team have worked really hard over the winter with parts for our 2015 bike and i've not yet tried a single part as i crashed in Almeria boxing off our 2014 ideas, i know my team mates Stuart Easton and Hutchy both liked what they tried and said the bike was definitely improved so i can't wait to try it. 
I've been up in Glasgow since yesterday evening to open a new branch of a shop called Ride on, i went on behalf of Shoei and they really looked after me with a real nice hotel, a nice meal with Steve, Shoei's Scottish/Irish and Isle of Man sales guy and as for today at the shop well they were a great bunch and it was a real nice day weather wise, i was assured by a few guys that turned up today was their summer lol!!! there was a great turn out and a real nice bunch of guys and girls that turned up to see me so it was all good!!!
Once this flight lands i'm pretty much straight off to the hotel for Eurosport tomorrow, with the race being in Thailand it means another real early start, i think i've got to be at the studio at 4am so a big gym session tonight and an early night are the order of today, tomorrow afternoon with my family then Monday through to Wednesday full gas training and healing then Thursday (fingers crossed) get back on it!!
Right, that's me, you're all fully back up to speed so lets catch up again real soon, take it easy, Shakey#67 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the healing process is going well...
    if not extremely fookin painful!!!!!
    Looking forward to the bsb season.....and seeing#shakey67 giving it full bore racing.
    cheers for the update....best wishes mate.
    title no 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there so glad your on the mend.
    Can I just ask you please I'm getting married in june this year and I would love nothing more than you to be there all day half a day and hour what ever you could do. I live in cheshire not very far away from Adam Jenkins who is also invited. My husband to be loves his bike racing used to race him selve up to him hitting the wall at Oulton Park a few years back. Wow I can't tell you how happy and exited I would be if you came. I can give you more details and my email address if you like. Please please consider it I'm sure you would love it its a real down to earth country farm wedding. Not your Cheshire housewife kind of thing!!!!
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Jo Diggle 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete