Saturday 7 February 2015

Lucky boy!!!!!!

I guess it's pretty fair to say I'm a pretty lucky boy right now, I mean as it stands, yesterday and today in the first week of February I've just completed my first two day test of 2015, it's not very often in BSB that you get the chance to get out this early in the year but you see the thing is this, far from resting on our laurels after a great 2014 my PBM team have been working incredibly hard back at base to give me a package with which I'll have the best possible chance of defending my title and the work they've been doing needed testing, you see the results of this test gave the guys the feedback they needed in order to go out and get proper parts made, sure, they could have just had the proper bits made at a fairly big expense and hoped they were good but that's not how they roll, instead we rocked up at Almeria with a loads of ideas and hybrid parts to gain the correct information required before doing the time and money consuming bit of getting them made, hence the reason it was so important to get out early in order to give ourselves the required lead times to have the correct parts fabricated ready for the next set of tests.
I was feeling all a bit hard done by the other week when after booking flights, hotels and track time at Aragon alongside the WSB boys the team decided to cancel 3 days before we were due to leave as believe it or not the forecast was snow and cold, it turned out to be exactly the right call though as a couple of the WSB boys never turned a single lap!!
With Almeria booked we flew out Wednesday evening ready to test Thursday/Friday with a whole load of Moto 2 and 3 boys, this was going to be interesting lol!!!
Thursday the weather wasn't overly kind to us to be honest, pretty strong winds and cold temperatures both ambient and track wise limited the number of laps we did however it was great to get out an blow out the cobwebs and as soon as I got going a bit we started working through some of the stuff we needed to try and with Friday's forecast looking slightly better we completed 40 odd laps and ticked a few boxes.
Friday the weather was better, it was still pretty fresh first thing meaning we once again didn't get on track until around 11-30 but with much less wind things very quickly started coming together, I had a number of parts and settings to work for and having been on the Kawasaki now for a while it was really interesting trying new parts and feeling their effect on the bike, we found some stuff that I really think is going to help us this year and have feedback for various people that means they can fabricate parts accordingly, in the end I got pretty close to my best time from last year too despite the far cooler and far greener for want of a better word track conditions so all in all it was a real good test, the other positive was that Stuart my team mate confirmed my feedback when he got to try a few of the options available too.
The great thing now is we have about 3 weeks before we're back out again and from a performance point of view we should be in an even better position by then plus have the new parts or at least some of them to test so now all I have to do is continue training hard and wait for what I'm sure will seem like an eternity before I can get back out to play again, tell you something, I can't wait!!! Take it easy guys and girls and catch up again real soon, Shakey #67 

No comments:

Post a Comment