Monday 3 June 2013

Quick Blog for you!!!

I've not exactly been up on these Blog things of late I know, choosing to either Blog after each race or keep you guys and girls updated with what's happening on in Planet Shakey via social media sights like Twitter or Facebook, even the latter of those I'm pretty useless with to be fair lol so I thought to myself whilst I'm sat on the train to London I'll fire out a Blog to kill a bit of time!!
We've been having a bit of a rough time of things lately on Plant Shakey, we were due to spend the whole of our break in Spain but we've been having a few dramas then to top things of my wife got a letter confirming an appointment at hospital for a hysterectomy to be performed, I feel real bad for her because over the past few years we've been doing all we could to help her with some (women's) problems she's been suffering with and despite everything it seems the only way to fix her was this operation, typically Petra she did another 10km running race a couple of days before the operation because her doctor had said fitter people tend to recover quicker lol!!!
The operation really knocked her for six and recovery wasn't helped when she caught a urinary infection whilst in the hospital so she's pretty delicate right now, I've taken up a full on daddy day care roll at the moment which has been pretty full on, in fact it's been that full on I have to get my mum over for a few hours most days so I can get out cycling just to have a rest lol!!!!
On the racing front we had a test up at Cadwell park the other week which went really well, obviously, I never got many laps last year due to the shoulder injury but with one full day on track I more than made up for it completing 90 odd laps throughout the day and as anyone of you who's done a track day there will testify it's pretty damn physical around there, I don't mind confessing to aching a little bit the following day, we've known since the beginning of the year that we have a couple of fundamental problems to fix on the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki but they're really not the kind of thing you can start changing at a race meeting as usually with everything you change there's always something else that needs fixing so things tend to drag on a bit, we DEFINITELY made some good steps though and got a number of chassis parts tested and have a plan going forwards!!!!
Looking ahead now we've got some races coming up that I'm really looking forward to, Knockhill, Snetterton and Brands hatch GP are all tracks I like and hopefully with the improvements we've made we'll be strong at those as well as the rest of the upcoming races, it's definitely once again a case of slowly slowly catchey monkey, we're building up and building up ready for another full on assault at the Showdown, I know the team have some plans for the bike on the run up to that so it's all good.
Don't know about you guys but I watched both Moto GP and the TT races yesterday, it's kind of scary how they set off in 10 seconds intervals at the TT yet the races (both Moto GP & the TT) look similarly spaced out at the finish!! Don't get me wrong, Moto GP is the pinnacle, the guys are all so so fast and absolute legends but close racing.... What about poor old Valentino too, entering the 3rd corner at the race he's probably been looking forward to more than any he has a collision and gets taken out of the game, that was a shame, I was gutted for him, on the flip side, Cal, what a job he did, another podium, fair play, surely something good has to come for him next season, reeling in the factory Honda at the end of the race, the boy's on it!!
As for the TT, what can you say about that, I really like John McGuiness, a lot, he's a top man who lives for that place so I was gutted he only got a third, I don't mean that as in a third's no good, just finishing around there is an achievement but I know he would of wanted to win that race for his idol whom his bike, leathers and helmet commemorated Joey Dunlop, quite fitting in a way that it was Micheal Dunlop that won it! What about Josh too, 127 odd mph average, bloody hell that's motoring on around there in your first attempt, fair play I say!!!!
Right, this Blog has now gone from a train ride to London, 10 minutes or so before a meeting and I'm now finishing on the train on the way back so for now, enough's enough, talk to you all soon, take it easy, Shakey #67
 

No comments:

Post a Comment