Monday 17 September 2012

Post Cadwell, pre Assen..



Well, once again I’m real sorry for the delay I getting this blog out to you guys but I am pleased to say that things are getting better all the time in Shakey’s world, I’ve put in so much hard work both physio and training wise that the shoulder is getting better and better so now and I can’t wait to get back out on my bike again at Assen next weekend, fortunately for me the team are giving me a little run out on the teams Superstock bike this week before heading over to Holland so we can get an idea of where we’re at which will be cool.

Going backwards briefly Cadwell Park had started well for us, we had good pace immediately even though some of the others had tested there, but as you will all know it all went horribly wrong in 2nd free practice and I ended up with a grade four dislocation of my shoulder and some pretty messed up ligament damage, to put it in laymens terms, I ripped all the tendons and ligaments off of my actual collarbone completely and it then decided it wanted to be front to back in my body rather than going from your neck ish across to the top of your shoulder, not cool at all really!!!

Since Cadwell Park I have been doing everything I can to get myself fit again. I was extremely lucky to have had the operation so quickly and the greatly named Professor Funk did a fantastic job to get the shoulder back in position and grafted in some artificial ligaments which was a complete success.

I have been hitting the physio hard every day, my life would’ve been so much easier if I’d just slept at the treatment room lol, sometimes going more than once a day and trying to train to make it as strong as possible for the first round of the Showdown which is when the championship gets serious.

After the crash I set myself the goal of coming back for the Showdown at Assen, I certainly haven’t come so far this season to give up now, especially when that third title is still in sight and the Showdown can create some real unpredictability in the races.

I did consider riding at Donington the other week when I had a big improvement during the week leading up to it but I didn’t want to risk making the injury worse at a round where I needed to be on the podium for it to make the difference so the Rapid Solicitors team and I decided it would be best for me to rest and get as healthy as possible for Assen.

I really like the track at Assen and it is a good feeling to be going back there. I have raced there before in both Moto GP and WSB days and that I suppose could be an advantage but at the same time most of us have experienced the track previously. The key thing for me will be my shoulder and it is impossible to know how it will be until we get out on the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki on track, It’s definitely a physically demanding layout and I am sure that it won’t be easy but it is what it is and I will still be giving it my all to get the best result possible, getting to have a quick run out on my team mates Superstock bike this week will help to blow out a few cobwebs before jumping back onto my bad boy in Holland and hopefully stepping on top of the rostrum..

Everything will 100% depend on my shoulder, at the end of the day i didn’t fall off pushing the bike too hard at Cadwell Park, in fact the accident was only as bad as it was because I was 110% on top of my game, sounds daft I know but it was actually saving the accident that caused it to be as bad as it was, had I just lost the front I would have just slid down the track and that would have been that, it was catching the crash that caused the drama!!! We have shown a good pace all year and the team are doing an incredible job so it will all be down to my strength from here on in, the only thing I can promise you is that I genuinely couldn’t have done anymore to be fit!!!
 
Hope to see some of you at Assen for what I am sure is going to be one of the best events of the season, I can’t wait to get out there and get this Showdown started!

Take it easy and cross everything you have for me guys and girls, Shakey #67

No comments:

Post a Comment