Wednesday 15 June 2011

Holiday...NOT!!!!

Hey guys and girls, thought i'd post a quick blog to bring you up to speed with what's been happening since after Thruxton. We were due to head straight back to Spain for two weeks holidays, that was the plan but a few bits and pieces came up that delayed our departure by a day or so which was a bit frustrating!! By the time we finally got home we'd been gone for 48 days, it doesn't sound a lot does it but turn it into almost two months and it sounds a bit longer, that amount of time without your own bed or away from your pets, in fact that amount of time away from HOME full stop grinds on you a little, it definitely had an effect on both my wife and I that's for sure because I don't think I've ever done so much grafting around the house as I did during this supposed break, I've been like a proper Jack of all trades, painting spare rooms, clearing some parts of a completely over grown garden including stabbing myself to bits trimming palm trees, tidying up my garage and generally sweeping up and tidying full stop. It was kind of weird because both Petra and I got back to Spain thinking we'd be flat out relaxing and getting some sun shine, enjoying a bit of a break but the weather for pretty much the whole 2 weeks was pretty crap, I got in no more than two or three cycle rides due to seemingly constant rain and thunderstorms and whenever the weather did brighten up a little I seemed to find myself battling through the jungle that used to be our garden!! In a funny kind of way though that sort of manual labour feels quite rewarding, I'm always right up for going at things like a bull in a China shop but generally don't get on with more detaily bits but this time around I was right amongst everything!!
We had a chance to get in to see our Dr who confirmed everything's going well with the pregnancy which was good news, I'm quite looking forward to the final 4d scan which we'll be getting soon in the UK, they're incredible, we still keep a photo of our son from a 4d scan that we had with him!!
I had a bit of a mission loading the Vito the other day ready to head back up to the UK, I think it works out another 5 or 6 weeks we'll be gone this time which makes packing a bit of a nightmare, that said we got it sorted and made our way north towards the UK, we had a complete and utter ball ache of a drive up though due to traffic around Paris but we got to the UK in the end, now though I'm hearing the seat belt sign and preparation for landing message on our flight up to Edinburgh so I've got to crack on, I'll keep you posted on Knockhill as soon as, take it easy, Shakey #67

No comments:

Post a Comment